Nicholas George Pappas was born on the 1st March 1961, in Sydney, New South Wales and of parents George Nicholas Papanastasiou and Marina (nee Georgouras).
He obtained his Law degree at the University of NSW, and later obtained a PhD in economic history. Since 1984, he practised as a Lawyer and in 1996, he established his own firm Nicholas G. Pappas and Company, specialising in commercial litigation in the Superior Courts.
Nicholas has also serves as a Director on a number of Public and Private Boards.
• Director for 10 years with the Kastellorzian Association of NSW and President from 2000 to 2002.
• Director of the Laiki bank (Australia) Ltd since 2001 and Chairman since 2006
• Trustee of The Power House Museum since 1999 and President of the Board of Trustees since 2003.
• Currently, Chairman of the South Sydney District Rugby league Football Club, knows as the Rabbitohs.
• Secretary of the Archdiocese Council and Trustee of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia Consolidated Trust.
• Member of the Board of Governors, Steve Waugh Foundation – Australia.
Nicholas has also produced the following publications:
• Castellorizo: An illustrated History of the Island and It’s Conquerors, Halstead pr4ss, 1994
• Embers of the Sea: The Empire patrol Disaster – 1945, Halstead Press, 1995
• Near Eastern Dreams: The French Occupation of Castellorizo – 1915-1921, Halstead press, 2002 \
• An Island in Time: Castellorizo in Photographs – 1890-1948, Halstead Press, 2010 (forthcoming with Nick Bogiatzis)
• Various other articles in academic journals and other publications on European History, the Law and Rebetika.
Nicholas is married to Helene, also a Lawyer, and parents of proud twins George and Marine, aged 18 years.